Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 5 Wednesday June 22, 2011 You know I'm REALLY on vacation when...

I guess today I officially started my vacation!  I polished my nails!  I never take the time to do that frivolous exercise in the Winter and the Spring and then in early Summer I have too much garden dirt in them to bother.  While, camping, though, the day is so relaxing I can do frivolous things all day if I want!

I finished the book Left Neglected by Lisa Genova.  It was really good and about something I had never heard of.  Left Neglect is a neurological problem that can happen to people with head injuries. Literally, your brain does not recognize the 'left' of anything....not your body or your vision etc. You're not paralyzed, you just can't see or understand the left of anything.  For example, someone could tell you to lift both arms.  You think you do but in actuality, your left arm doesn't lift.  It's a good book and she's an easy read.  It was my first book on my Kindle (which I love!).

I have come back into Freeport today for my Internet, e-mail fix.  I will probably do this every day while we are here.  It's close by and a really nice library.

Freeport has a nice little walking area of stores.  LL Bean immediately comes to mind.  Their store here is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year!  There are no locks on any door (I guess they save a lot of money that way!).  And since it's still June, it's not crowded at all.  Ed and I will be sure to come here for a late afternoon shopping spree before we leave.

Weather is a little more humid today and a little cloudier.  Still perfect, though!

In case you're keeping track:  Gin Rummy:  Ed 1, Nancy 2

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy, I'm trying it again. Sounds like a perfect day and a perfect place to be camping. The weather sounds exactly like the Cape today.

    Peg C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, this is the only profile I could get to work.

    Peg C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for trying! It WORKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too enjoyed the book Left Neglected. Some days I'm convinced I only work with one side of my brain. Recommend The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, if you haven't read it yet. Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very curious...does this also affect a left handed person, or a dyslexic that reverses left & right, letters and numbers..in the same way???

    Look forward to your summer musings~~~Janet

    ReplyDelete